In order to meet the growing needs of our clients and our continued growth, our firm is looking for a Tax Manager. The ideal candidates will be individuals highly focused on their careers with an ambition to grow and make a difference in the firm they join for years to come. Individuals with a partner track minds are encouraged, but not a requirement. Please read below for a more precise detail of the position’s responsibilities and requirements.
- Review tax returns prepared by staff and make recommendations on return preparation regarding accuracy, tax savings opportunities, and compliance with tax law.
- Ensure accurate, timely filing of federal, state, and local income tax returns and other business-related filings.
- Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures.
- Develop and implement strategic tax planning for federal and state taxes.
- Research and consult on complex tax matters.
- Develops and maintains expertise in the taxation area, responsible to keep staff in the firm informed of changes and developments.
- Identify and implement tax planning, tax saving strategies and consulting opportunities.
- Research the implications of tax laws to discuss with Partners and advise clients on tax-related issues.
- Supervise, train, and mentor associates and junior associates on client engagements and technical issues.
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity, and imagination on approaching work.
- Participation and organization of in-house training and development programs.
- Assistance in developing and maintaining effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting and Master’s degree in Tax
- CPA required
- 8 + years of continuous experience in public accounting
- Extensive individual/corporate/partnership tax knowledge
- Strong knowledge of tax code, compliance, and procedures for corporations.
- Familiarity with U.S. federal, state, and local reporting requirements.
- Strong accounting, analytical, and research skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with international clients, trust and estates, and high net worth individuals are a plus
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required
- Proficient with ProSystems fx tax, QuickBooks, Excel, and/or RIA Checkpoint a plus
- Should value teamwork, client service, and quality in detailed work
- Prior supervisory and client planning experience required
- Language: Spanish and other languages are a plus
Competitive compensation package and salary commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time