For over thirty years, our firm has provided high-quality financial and management services to a diverse and successful client base. Our firm mission is to help our clients grow by providing the highest quality of service delivered with a caring and entrepreneurial approach. To accomplish our mission, we have assembled a team of outstanding CPAs and professional staff who understand where our clients want to go and will deliver the solutions that they need. We help our clients achieve their financial dreams and goals by helping them turn today’s financial opportunities into tomorrow’s realities.
Our team members provide our firm with intelligence, vitality, innovation, enthusiasm, and growth. We promote an entrepreneurial attitude, encourage personal initiative, and provide the necessary tools for success. We are committed to recruiting individuals of the highest caliber and assisting in their development both professionally and personally. We strive for growth while maintaining the firm’s friendly work environment. Our employees are treated with the utmost respect and everyone is given an opportunity to grow with the firm according to their own ambitions.
In order to meet the growing needs of our clients and our continued growth, our firm is looking for a Tax Manager. The ideal candidates will be individuals highly focused on their careers with an ambition to grow and make a difference in the firm they join for years to come. Individuals with a partner track minds are encouraged, but not a requirement. Please read below for a more precise detail of the position’s responsibilities and requirements.
- Review tax returns prepared by staff and make recommendations on return preparation regarding accuracy, tax savings opportunities, and compliance with tax law.
- Ensure accurate, timely filing of federal, state, and local income tax returns and other business-related filings.
- Find and implement opportunities for process improvement in company tax procedures.
- Develop and implement strategic tax planning for federal and state taxes.
- Research and consult on complex tax matters.
- Develops and maintains expertise in the taxation area, responsible to keep staff in the firm informed of changes and developments.
- Identify and implement tax planning, tax saving strategies and consulting opportunities.
- Research the implications of tax laws to discuss with Partners and advise clients on tax-related issues.
- Supervise, train, and mentor associates and junior associates on client engagements and technical issues.
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity, and imagination on approaching work.
- Participation and organization of in-house training and development programs.
- Assistance in developing and maintaining effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting and Master’s degree in Tax
- CPA required
- 8 + years of continuous experience in public accounting
- Extensive individual/corporate/partnership tax knowledge
- Strong knowledge of tax code, compliance, and procedures for corporations.
- Familiarity with U.S. federal, state, and local reporting requirements.
- Strong accounting, analytical, and research skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with international clients, trust and estates, and high net worth individuals are a plus
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required
- Proficient with ProSystems fx tax, QuickBooks, Excel, and/or RIA Checkpoint a plus
- Should value teamwork, client service, and quality in detailed work
- Prior supervisory and client planning experience required
- Language: Spanish and other languages are a plus
Competitive compensation package and salary commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time