In order to meet the growing needs of our clients and our continued growth, GEMRT is looking for a Senior Tax Manager. The ideal candidates will be individuals highly focused in their careers with ambition to grow and make a difference in the firm they join for years to come. Please read below for a more precise detail of the position’s responsibilities and requirements.
As a Senior Tax Manager at GEMRT, you will be responsible for identifying and implementing tax planning and research. You will also be responsible for the compliance function on clients including supervising the preparation and technical review of corporate, partnership, trusts and personal income tax returns. This position is also responsible for advising clients on the tax implications of their business objectives, evaluating and selecting alternative actions to lessen tax burden and cost of compliance, identifying different methods of complying with tax regulations. The Senior Tax Manager is charged with applying knowledge to understand potential tax issues and recognizing and communicating potential risks and potential changes in the tax policy. This position may be asked to provide written tax advice to clients. This position has the opportunity for growth beyond the manager level.
- Identify and implement tax planning and consulting opportunities.
- Prepare, review tax returns, extensions and estimate tax payments.
- Maintain good working relationships with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform tax services.
- Identify and assist with implementation of tax planning and tax savings strategies.
- Research and consult on complex tax matters.
- Research the implications of tax laws and advise Partners and clients on tax-related issues.
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity, and imagination in approaching work
- Facilitates in-house training
- Develops and maintains expertise in the taxation area
- Keeps staff in the firm informed of changes and developments in the taxation area
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees in Accounting, Finance or related fields
- CPA required
- 8 + years of continuous experience in public accounting
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in working with flow through entities, corporations, international clients and high net worth individuals
- Strong customer service focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, research and critical thinking skills as well as decision-making skills
- Capacity to work well in a team environment
- Prior supervisory and client planning experience required
- Language: Spanish a plus
- Excellent benefits and compensation
- Great team environment
- Relocation allowance if necessary